Here are some common questions about Reiki. If you have others that I did not address here, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-644-5796
- What is Reiki?-Reiki is a Japanese technique used to promote relaxation, reduce stress and promote self healing. This healing modality is based on the idea of our unseen “life force energy” which flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
- Does Reiki have a religious affiliation? - Reiki has no religious affiliation or belief structure. You need not change your belief system to receive or give Reiki.
- Do I have to believe that Reiki will work for it to work? - Your belief (or nonbelief) in the energy makes it no more or less there. The energy is not affected by your level of belief. However, and open mind and positive thinking never hurts anything. Healing is always expedited with happy thoughts.
- Is Reiki different than massage therapy? - With massage therapy, the practitioner will require you remove clothing and rely on manipulation of your muscles to achieve desired results. Reiki is a much gentler type of therapy as the practitioner will touch you lightly or not at all. During a Reiki session the only articles of clothing you will be asked to remove is your shoes and metal jewelry and accessories.
- Should I continue to see my doctor? - Absolutely! Reiki is NOT a replacement for whatever your regular medical care is. Instead is an excellent complement to it.
- How can Reiki help me? - Reiki can assist in self-healing emotional and physical ailments for kids, adults and pets. For a more complete list of benefits, visit the Benefits page.
- What if I’m pregnant? - Reiki is completely safe for both mother and baby. It can be helpful with normal pregnancy side effects (back pain, morning sickness, etc). It is especially beneficial during labor and to heal any trauma associated with the birth.
- Is Reiki safe for babies? - Absolutely! It is great for infants as well as children. The treatments are noninvasive and gentle. It can help with self-healing from emotional and physical ailments and ease anxieties and fears. Infants especially can benefit from releasing birth trauma.
- Does Reiki work 100% of the time? - There is always a benefit received from Reiki energy. However, some conditions take multiple sessions.
- How long will it take Reiki to work? - This varies from person to person. Some clients feel the benefits immediately. Some feel results slowly over the few days following the session. Others require multiple sessions before a difference is noticed. Most people, however, feel the relaxation and balancing effect as soon as the session begins.
- What is Distance Reiki? - This is a practitioner sending Reiki to a client not in the same physical location. Reiki energy is not limited by time and space as we know it, so it is equally as effective via distance.
- Can Reiki cause harm in some situations? – Because Reiki is Divine Energy, there is no of harm, overdose, or other unpleasant side effects notices with many forms of Western treatment.